Making Spiced Roasted Chickpeas is super easy…which seems fair considering all the time we spent soaking, cooking and peeling garbanzo beans.
Little glass llamas covet their salty crunch.
Spiced Roasted Chickpeas may be the best snack I’ve made to date. They’re surprisingly hearty, slightly crunchy, salty, garlicky and altogether addictive. This snack is consumable by the pawful.
Plus you can customize the spice mix and roast your goregeous, pale gold love notes in whatever spicey concoction woos you. Be altruistic and go for the simple poem of salt, white pepper, grapeseed oil. Or get all garlic powder and garam masala like I did.
Any way you spice them these perfectly peeled, oven roasted chickpeas are good snacking material. And Spiced Roasted Chickpeas can be that little something extra for the right dish. This weekend I’m pairing them with a simple carrot soup. They would totally work alongside some hummus, of course.
I’ll see you soon with additional chickpea peeling tips and some supremely sumptuous hummus. Until then…snack on, oinking party people!
Summary: Crunchy oven-roasted chickpeas spiced with garam masala and garlic powder: an addictive, satisfying snack. Party crunch!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, peeled chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put chickpeas into a medium bowl and drizzle with grapeseed oil then toss them to distribute the oil well. I do this gently with my hands.
- In a small bowl mix the garam masala, garlic powder and salt together to combine well.
- Sprinkle the mixed spices onto the oiled chickpease and toss gently to coat well.
- Pour chickpease onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes then shake the sheet around a bit and return to oven for another 15 minutes. Total roasting time: 30 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Let cool briefly.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2 hearty portions or 4 small servings
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Copyright © fatpiginthemarket.
Recipe by fat pig.
Microformatting by hRecipe.