Time for cookies: crunchy, buttery, pecan-studded cookies with melted pools of dark chocolate. These are so good you’re gonna wanna sneak up on them.
If there’s an unmanned stack of these suckers then it’s game on. Lurk up on these cookies like Yogi and Boo-Boo let loose at a picnic party.
Nutty, chocolatey cookies with crispy edges should not be left untended.
Claim your snack stack. Beware of sneaky cookie thief attacks.
I’m stopping here because I can’t stop rhyming. You’re welcome.
Recipe: Pecan Dark Chocolate Cookies
Summary: Crunchy, buttery cookies studded with pecans and melted pools of dark chocolate.
- 3/4 cups unbleached. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup raw pecans, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk flour, soda and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- With a mixer (hand or standing) beat butter, sugar, dark brown sugar together until creamy and light.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat briefly to combine.
- Fold the butter, sugars, egg, vanilla mixture into the dry ingredients (flour, etc…).
- Add pecans and dark chocolate and briefly fold to combine.
- Drop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. I dollop a generous Tablespoon for each.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cookies should be golden and crispy at edges, slightly soft in middles.
- Cool on a rack.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 9-11 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12-14 cookies
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Copyright © fatpiginthemarket.
Recipe by fat pig.
Microformatting by hRecipe.