Spring has officially sprung in both places where I roam on the regular. Spring! We should wallow in chunky peanut butter, revel in melted milk chocolate and roll in vanilla sugar.
We should bake Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies and eat them while they’re still warm from the oven; while the chocolate chunks are still melty.
Frosty milk and an oven-warm cookie = happy person. This is a tried and true equation.
Oink, son and Bon Appetit!
Summary: Simply sweet chunky peanut butter cookies with milk chocolate chunks and the soft crystal-crunch of fresh vanilla sugar.
for the Vanilla Sugar:
1/4 cup sugar
- 1 piece of fresh vanilla bean *approximately 2 inches long
for the cookies:
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped milk chocolate
for the Vanilla Sugar:
Pour 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
Split the vanilla bean pod in half and scrape the beans from each half into the sugar using a small paring knife.
Mix sugar and fresh vanilla beans togther well with a small spoon or small fork. *Fresh vanilla beans are sticky and will clump a bit. Keep mixing and pressing the clumps with the back of the spoon or fork. The beans will separate as they begin to stick to the sugar crystals.
- Set aside.
for the Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
- Preheat ove to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silpat sheet.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend the butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar and 1/3 cup sugar together until creamy and lightened.
- Add the egg and blend briefly to incorporate well.
- Fold the wet ingredients (butter, peanut butter, vanilla, etc…) into the dry ingredients (flour, soda, powder, salt) until just blended.
- Add chopped chocolate and fold briefly to distribute well.
- Scoop cookie dough and roll each scoop lightly and briefly between your palms to form a ball. *About 1 1/2 Tablespoons per scoop. **If the dough is too sticky to handle easily then chill it in fridge for 15-25 minutes then roll on.
- Roll each dough ball in vanilla sugar.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown, centers will be soft and will set a bit more while cooling.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes or so.
- Enjoy warm with a cold glass of milk.
*Cookies can be stored in airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat briefly in microwave or enjoy at room temp.
*Dough balls can be frozen and baked later. Allow a few extra minutes for baking from frozen dough.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12-13 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12 – 14 cookies
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Copyright © fatpiginthemarket.
Recipe by fat pig.
Microformatting by hRecipe